Dundurn Park is a historical park and the former home of Sir Allan MacNab. The property consists of Dundurn Castle, a historic neoclassical mansion, the Hamilton Military Museum, the Coach House Restaurant, and the Cockpit Theatre. The park overlooks Hamilton Harbour and is adjacent to Harvey Park and Dundurn Parkette. It is a popular destination for weddings and tourism.
LED Solutions won the RFP from the Heritage Facilities & Capital Planning, Tourism & Culture Division, Planning & Economic Development in the City of Hamilton to construct and install a new signage program in and around the park.
This project included the provision of design and engineered shop drawings. Once those were approved, construction commenced and our scope of work included:
- Archaeological mitigation and monitoring
- Project registration and First Nations liaison
- Coordination with the City of Hamilton Roads Department and museum staff
- Custom poured cast iron plaques
- Custom poured cast iron 3-dimensional letters
- Powder-coated custom colours
- Internationally imported cast-iron poles
- Fabrication of four large pylon signs, including a LED illuminated main entrance sign, a courtyard sign and two road signs along York Boulevard
- A fingerpost directional sign
- Four cast iron wayfinding signs
- Metallic gold-leaf window vinyl graphics
- Poured concrete bases
- Crane assisted installations
Special thank you to the City of Hamilton, Historic Horizon Inc. Archaeological Consultants and Russell Gibbs Design.